Wednesday, July 16, 2008

soy bean nut!

So, ok this is like the third post for me in one day....whoa, Sarah, you never thought I had it in me, did you?
I failed to mention the most blessed item of food known to makind that has recently been discovered at the Eureka Medley household:

Roasted/Salted Edamame
aka. soy beans that taste like roasted peanuts....except way more healthy!

They totally are way healthy (on core for those of us who wish to make note) and satisfy a million sensatioins; salt, crunch, snack, a little tiny bit hungry and shouldn't eat a lot....yeah, they're awesome. I take a small bag to work with me and use them to keep me awake. It's a lot healther than eating all the mini snickers bars form the candy bowl.
Mom is the one that bought them so maybe she can let us know where she got them?

8 comments:

Sarie said...

Ah ha ha. The mini snickers thing is Funn-nny. Um, no the new look of the blog was probably HANNAH. She's the blogmaster these days. Very nice, eh? Ok, and I'm likin' your ideas Mirs. Very good. About eating late at night. And I just had edamame for the first time the other day. But how do you get the salt onto the actually soy beans instead of just on the shells? You don't eat the shells do you? I think Rachel really loves edamame. Now if she would only get online.... Thanks for the suggestions... brainpower, self-discipline and some sugar free stuff. Lots to think about.

miriam said...

I'll look at the box and figure it out maybe, how they get the salt on the actual bean....

Sarie said...

Ok, no I was thinking about the kind that you steam, like cooked hot... I've never had them from a box... are they dried?? I am so confused right now.

miriam said...

ok, yeah, they are dried, that sounds more like it....it's like you're eating nuts when you eat them, not beans. you just buy them in a plastic container (sorry not a box) and they are crunchy and salty just like peanuts. i know it's crazy but....maybe i can find a website.

Hannah said...

Can you get them at Costco?

miriam said...

yeah, i bet you can. i wish mom would get online! she could clear up this whole mess!

miriam said...

Ok, the official name of the infamous product is "Dry Roasted Edamame Beans" made by 'Seapoint Farms'. I'm sure you can find on goole or something.

best mom ever said...

Where's my mask, my sword and my horse? Yes I can clear up this mess. The steamed beans, if I am not mistaken, are cooked in salt water. At least I think that is how Rachel did it. I shall give up my hero status if Rachel will weigh in on this and clear this up once and for all. There is the possiblity that she cooked it in fresh water and put so much salt on them after cooking that the mouth is convinced the bean is what is infused, when in fact it is the oral tissue screaming for relief.