Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saving energy is no bargain!

Gotta share a few ideas that go against the grain. All of you are probably experts at these things but here goes. We have been conditioned, as women, to "save steps" in our work. New watch word: "multiply steps!" In other words find ways to make ourselves do more to get there or do that. Like parking in the farthest parking place in the lot, carrying one bag of groceries into the house at a time, grab one garment from the washer to the dryer at a time, go get my own purse, sweetly decline the help of my sweetheart with loading up the recycling, put on dancing music while doing housework, do a physical task while on the phone, follow a toddler for 45 solid minutes, etc. I watched "Batman" last night and because I can't sit still for that long, I paused the movie every 15 minutes and folded some laundry, went potty or emptied the dishwasher. It was great. I have sat down about six times trying to finish this. Anyway don't try to save energy--use it!

1 comment:

Sarie said...

This is the best advice ever-- because it's not a diet, it's a way of life. It's changing our habits that last a long time. Thanks mama!