Friday, July 18, 2008

Miracle Story

Ok, so-I posted a post (is that redundant?) a few days back about how I was going to write everything down that I ate, right? Well, I am reporting that I successfully did so this week. Granted that doesn't imply that I ate any better than usual, I just took the time to write it all down.
Today was the big day when I was going to weight watcher's to "weigh in". I went on Friday because mom was leading the thing and she wanted me to come. So, she weighed me in and I was totally thinking, 'yeah, I probably stayed the same if I didn't gain' cause I was definitely feeling it.
So, I hopped up on the scale and watched as the numbers flew rapidly upward. As it gets closer to my weight I always kind of close one eye, like I'm afraid to look at it.
"Oh my gosh, mom, look!" I pointed.
"What?....Oh! Miriam! Whoa dude! That is like awesome!" mom cheered as we both looked at the scale.
I bent with laughter "Mom, how did that even happen? You've got to be kidding me!"
I had totally lost 5.6 pounds!
I swear ladies and gentle- well, just ladies- that logging your food intake does something that chemically alters your metabolism and voila! You lose weight.
So, since mom was running the meeting she got to present me a little award that they give when you lose weight. She was pretty excited, let me tell you.

So, in the total 7 weeks that I've been doing weight watcher's I've now lost over 15 pounds and that is 10% of my body weight from when I started (that's what mom was referring to in her comment about the 10% award). So, I feel good, I feel inspired and I have testimony that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass."

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I would have paid a good amount of money to be at that weight watcher's meeting today. Wow, that would have been awesome! I would have probably cheered really loudly for you... or obnoxiously. Good job, Miriam! You're so inspiring!!