Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Very Happy Wednesday

So... I was feeling a little less than up beat today after work and knew I needed a little therapy. I decided that I was going to search the pantry and throw together a healthy meal. Here is what I found:
5 frozen chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Zesty Italian Dressing
Garlic powder with parsley
course ground pepper

Frozen bag of edemame (Rachel bought it when she was here and I forgot it was still there!)
salt

half a bag of red potatoes
canola spread
milk


First, I made the sauce for the chicken by mixing the cream o muchroom, a bit of zesty italian dressing, garlic/parsley powder, black pepper and a little water.
Then, I thawed and trimmed the chicken.
Next, I placed the chicken in a casserol dish and poured the sauce on top. I baked that at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

I boiled the potatoes, cut up. Then I drained them and added the milk and canola spread to taste and texture. Then I added black pepper and garlic powder.

Next, I boiled the edamame for a few minutes, drained and salted the heck out of it.

I really don't know why but this was so theraputic. I have been spending so much time studying anatomy and physiology with sean and so much time worrying about school and money that I have been forgetting to do little things like that for myself. It was fun and it made a Wonderful dinner!

4 comments:

Sarie said...

GREAT idea Hannie!! I need more dinner ideas, and this one was good and simple. Rachel bought edamame and left it in my freezer too! maybe it's her way of gifting us. It's a great thing.
Cooking can be therapeutic and I think that's true in your situation.
love.

Sarie said...

GREAT idea Hannie!! I need more dinner ideas, and this one was good and simple. Rachel bought edamame and left it in my freezer too! maybe it's her way of gifting us. It's a great thing.
Cooking can be therapeutic and I think that's true in your situation.
love.

Sarie said...

By the way, I think its so funny that you typed, "cream o muchroom". My belly always has muchroom too. That's the problem.

best mom ever said...

Hannah, this is so special yet so very simple to make. I know what I am making for dinner tonight. And you'll never guess what, there is a bag of edamame in my freezer too! Rachel you are the BEST!!!