Monday, September 15, 2008

Spotlight on Mom

I am totally in on this idea, Hannah, it's perfect!!

Mom is friendly. She can talk to anyone, anywhere. She never holds back, acts shy or acts too cool for anyone. We have followed her example. She lifts up the broken hearted, sad, and lonely everywhere.

Mom is thorough. This is something I appreciate now that I'm older and don't have any chores for her to inspect! When someone asks her to "plan a treasure hunt" or "be in charge of Women's Conference", you better believe it's going to be the most well-thought-out, most prepared task you will ever witness. The same goes for everything in her life.

Mom is thrifty. I haven't been back to Eureka in over a year, but I bet money she's still using the same tupperware containers for baking soda and salt that she did 20 years ago.

Mom is complimentary. This is something that as a mother is so important! She was constantly telling us that we as her children were the greatest piano players and were gifted in so many ways. It was such a confidence builder and has really carried over into my confidence as an adult. I can honestly say that I have no manic issues associated with my mother at all. Which is more than some can say!

Mom is loyal. She sticks with you. Especially the scouting program. She still, at the age of 50, involves herself and her whole heart into the small ward scouting program in Eureka. She had us attend and support the small youth program in our ward. No excuses. She's been Grama Dotty's support even when times got tough. She's got friends that she's had for a thousand years. Because people love her and she sticks with people, even if she's sick of it.

Mom, you've got amazing qualities and I'm so thankful the Lord has given us to you.

Love.
Sarie

No comments: