Friday, September 5, 2008

Back from the Dead...and left a little behind...

Hey wonderful sisterhood of the thinning-pants...I'm back.

I realized how much I've been out of the loop when I got on and there is a slew of posts that I haven't even ever seen for scrolls on end! But school now starting and having my own apartment, my life might be a little more even paced...but then again, maybe not. 

Meanwhile here is a good success story that I didn't even see coming. 

So, a few days back Aaron and I both bet each other a foot massage (don't be alarmed mom) that we weighed more than the other. The kid is a beanpole like Jared so I was quite confident that I would win. We finally came across a scale in Sports Authority today and jumped on to determine the case. Aaron weighed in at 138.8. Oooh, it was in the bad, I thought. Last weigh in at weight watchers was 145-ish and having eaten terribly lately I though there was only one wat it could go. So, I hopped on for my turn...140.1....uh, I was rather shocked. Granted, I weighed more than him, but only by 1.3 pounds! So, I won the bet AND I've lost weight. I couldn't believe it. 

So, there you have my unexpected success story. And this is good news since I'm working towards running a 5K next friday night. My first...and maybe my last. No, I'm excited. It's one of my life aspirations. I'll give a report. 

3 comments:

best mom ever said...

Don't be alarmed? First, my daughter weighs 10 pounds less than me, AND she is getting a foot massage from someone I don't know? (Although I have his phone number in my inbox a few times). Excuse me Miriam, but who asked you to grow up and do things without my permission? Congratulations. I love you.

Sarie said...

Miriam, there is nothing better than being PLEASANTLY surprised upon stepping on a scale. May all of us be so lucky someday. (soon)??

Hannah said...

Nice Mirs! That totally rocks! And just make sure you guys don't get pulled over on the way to the 5 K. Do we need Sean to drive you there? You know he won't get pulled over for speeding:) (Drives like a G Pa)