Friday, August 22, 2008

Kicking the Guilt

So today we went to a place called Rumbi Island Grill with Sean's parents. I love this place. They have great salads and rice bowls with brown rice, tons of veggies and your choice of Shrimp, Chicken, or pork. When I went today I decided I would try something a little different. I thought I would get a Hawaiian grilled chicken sandwich. The sandwich also came with a mix of sweet potato fries and regular fries. When it came out to the table, it was a white and fluffy as can be burger style bun! I started to feel bad. I enjoyed the sandwich and the sweet potato fries were soooo good dipped in that dang thousand island type sauce. So my question to you is, how do you kick the guilt? Should I feel super bad when I do that? Why is it that most of the time I make the healthier choice such as a half portion brown rice bowl with chicken, or a Hawaiian chicken salad, but once in a while I make a decision like a sandwich, only to regret it later.
This is the never ending battle.
Anyway, I love and miss you all. This blog is heaven- sent and it is so delightful to read and write and feel connected to the girls most important in my life!

1 comment:

best mom ever said...

Hannah, every eating plan needs to include (and I mean INCLUDE) an occasional treat as part of it. What we have done to ourselves is make the good choices the occasional, and the treats the frequent. So when we have it in the right order, as you have, the results are: you are healthy and not deprived. Life and food are meant to be enjoyed. Great job, girl. Now lose the guilt!