Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On weeping and cooky baking

So what is this now, the Mother's Blog? The mother who refuses to have one? The mother who surfaces to ralley the children then goes back into cold storage to shoulder the northcoast? The mother whose girls get together and become silly, lovely, reminiscent, creative companions for a half a week, only to weep as they part? The mother who walks the beach with a precious (and precocious) granddaughter and weeps as we part? The mother cannot believe one person can be so richly blessed? The mother who relives each mission, each spank, each cooky baking time, each hike, each hot-sauce-on-the-tongue application, each pregnancy, each good-bye, each grounding, each amazing video creation, each performance, each tantrum (my own), and the nine sets of amazing eyes? Yes that Mom...

5 comments:

miriam said...

Mom, you are the best. What more can anyone say.
I had a question though, are grape nuts on core?

best mom ever said...

Grape Nuts are not on core. I can look into it further but it is not one the list and for some reason (and there was a reason) it does not fit the profile for core. Enlighten me with your ideas, OK. Love.

Sarie said...

Mom. Your name says it all, "best mom ever". Don't you know? You could post on this blog and I could read it all day. Your writing is the reason all of us are so reflective and find joy in the little things. I always compare myself to you. Always. And I'm falling miserably behind! Especially on reading to the girls! Keep blogging. I will read every word.

Heidi said...

Dried Apples with Cherry Jello Powder, Nectarine Fruit Leather, 7 Quarts of Peaches, Tomato salad (with Basil from my window), Peach juice to the elbows, one ripe pair shared by three VB's-hope the other's are as awesome!!! What's next? Salsa, apple pie filling?
Thanks Medley fruit group for adding summer to our life!

Heidi said...

pear...that's it ;-)