Saturday, August 23, 2008

Control, etc.

Hannah, sometimes when I eat something that I know I shouldn't, I think of it like this. In college, sometimes I would go out with, hang out with, or even kiss a guy that I knew liked me but I didn't want to date him. I always felt guilty. But I knew it was up to me, and I knew that I would end up cutting him off because I just didn't think it was working out. Well, this is a horrible example, I'm sure, especially since Mom reads this blog :) but I think we should realize that we have to indulge sometimes. We have to have some white bread because it tastes good, but not feel guilty because hey, we can enjoy life at times. We are entitled to at least that. And you know that you're not going to have white bread every single day. You know that you just had some that day and that you are ultimately in control. If you are in control and you made the decision, then that food has no control over you, remember that!

Ok so I went on one of my long tirades...

Back to business. I am on my fourth day of eating nothing after dinner. Last night I was hungry and guess what I ate at 10pm? A handful of almonds and a huge glass of water. And my hunger for more was not there anymore. And those laffy taffys? I just laughed at them. They had no control over me.

Love you girls.
Sarie

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Sarie, thanks for this post. It really helps put it in perspective! Love you

best mom ever said...

Sarah! I can't believe you did that to those poor guys! If you weren't so beautiful it would be different. But the guilt was straight from God on that one!! JK
Seriously, I am so proud of you. I always feel better when I go to bed not having eaten for a few hours. And if you are hungry, eat. This is our built-in alarm system. You are right about the cravings going away after a week or so. It is the thanks your body gives you for treating it well.