Monday, August 4, 2008

Better Late than Never...

So, sorry it's been so long since I've posted....my late nomadic tendencies have not been conducive to 1) posting on this great blog, and 2) yes, sadly enough, eating properly. Vacationing is the worst. Other than all the eating out and especially late night binging (while playing speed scrabble with Sarah) I haven't been documenting anything...and so I'm afraid that all my hard work for the past 3 months might have gone to kaput in the past week....

I have some super sad tales of mindlessly (but not without guilt and a sour stomach) snacking on bread, candy, and other no-gooders until I'm so full that it hurts. At first I just thought it might be hopeless to try and eat well while on vacation, especially when you want to chill with the sisters and have a good time and all. But as my digestive system has been sending out flares of S.O.S. (sorry, maybe too much info...) I've decided that I can do little things to help myself through all this.

I've gone running/walking every day since arriving in FL (a whopping total of 2 days) and cut out something new in my eating habits each day that will help me eat healthier. Just little ideas help, like making a goal to eat no bread today, or not eating any non-core foods unless dining out, or only eating in the kitchen. Like I always say, it's the small things...and are mostly mental. We can trick ourselves into adopting healthy habits. The IBS helps as motivation, I'll admit that.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I'm sorry. truly.