Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanks to Mom

It hasn't been since I moved away from home that I realized how much I learned from mom in the kitchen. Last night was an awesome example.

We don't have tons of food lying around since we have been here for a grand total of 4 days. I pulled some cooked and seasoned chicken chunks that my friend had made us when we got home. I cut up that which made about 2 cups. I found a can of green beans, a can of cream of chicken soup and some rice in our cupboard.

I made 3/4c of uncooked rice, hoping that would be the right amount. It was a little much for two people. I put the chicken in a pan, warmed that up, then put in the green beans. The cream of chicken soup was thick so I mixed a few spoonfuls of that with some milk. Creamy! As the chicken, beans and creaminess was finishing heating up, Colin came home... with Ryan. Hmm. So i just put a few more spoonfuls of green beans in there. The rice problem was fixed too. It was the perfect amount and there wasnt any leftovers!!!

A grand success for me. Awesome. Thanks Mom. and Dad.

1 comment:

best mom ever said...

Thanks, Naomi, for the sweet note. We have had a lot of fun cooking and eating over the years. But so many times I chased you all out of the kitchen, or just didn't cook because of the frustration of so many rowdy kids around. If I could say one thing, keep the kitchen going no matter what. Your kids will turn out like Naomi and you won't be regretting anything!