Saturday, February 7, 2009

10 minutes

The family is hiking today. They are going where they don't want to take me--frightened of certain elevation configurations. So I go around assessing what I can do in the quiet of solitude. The Email. Oh Jared has a new post. I have neglected to examine his new photo blog. I have been on it to glance, but today I sat and watched the most beautiful thing ever. Each photo spoke to me and I was caught a number of times blinking. Jared carries his talent as all of you do, confidently, joyfully, gently. Thank you, son, for the gift of your heart--forever to be shared with all who choose to leaf through your folders. It was a lovely 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Sarie said...

Beautiful Mom! I know it isn't very often you have quiet time alone. You used it wisely.